Thursday, December 10, 2009

P90X: Day 5

I wanted to work out earlier in the day today, but ended up working out later than ever! I procrastinated a bit on my online final exam and it ended up taking longer than I expected, but I got Legs & Back done tonight anyway. I skipped the Ab Ripper X tonight, I think I'm just going to go to sleep and try to rest up for my Astronomy final tomorrow morning. I'm considering doing Ab Ripper X in the morning before I leave for school, then the regular Kenpo X in the afternoon, but we'll see how my timeframe works out. I actually need to study for the test tomorrow morning, considering the fact that I haven't yet cracked my notes for it at all! Uh oh. Haha, it's ok, I haven't had less than 100% on any of my Astronomy tests thus far in the semester. I'm a natural Astronomy whiz I guess. I usually study the morning before the test, more or less just to refresh my memory on certain things. This one's on the sun and stars in general, black holes, and galaxies. Interesting, yet easy stuff. Oh, and after that test, I'm officially done for the semester! I'm going to try and use the semester break to get in shape, maybe workout a little more than P90X even calls for since I'll have the extra time. I think I need to wrap up week 1 at least before I start doing that though, as I'm still incredibly sore and still breaking myself into the program.

Tonight's workout was good, I kept up just fine but on certain moves I would like to see my form improve a bit. Particularly, the exercises that required me to be extremely low, like the isometric toe rolls, were difficult to keep good form with. I attribute that partially to my degraded flexibility, and partially to just getting my ass kicked by the workouts and being sore. I'll be interested to see how much my form improves next time I do those exercises. As for the pullups, I've never been particularly good at them, but I used the chair and made sure to do at least 10 in each set. Towards the end of the workout, I relied on the chair much more than I would have liked. Again, something to improve on.

Other than that, I'm satisfied. Again, I kept to my diet all day and avoided any temptations. I don't think I hydrated well enough throughout the day though. I need to make a conscious effort to drink plenty of water throughout the day, at least as much as possible. Of course, I always say that and somehow I still simply forget to hydrate. Maybe I should tape a water bottle to my hand so I just can't forget? Maybe a little drastic, but just one more thing to improve on. Also, my weight was below 230 today for the first time in quite a while. Once I'm under 220, I may as well set a landmark. I haven't been less than 220 in probably a year, the weight has just hovered between 230-250, which is at least 30-50 lbs heavier than is acceptable.

Well, I have a busy day tomorrow, so I'm wrapping this up. So far so good. Thanks again to the few who read this, and to all who support me. Special thanks to Lisa for consistently leaving comments and being extra supportive, it means a lot to me!

2 comments:

  1. My pleasure! I think you're doing wonderfully.
    Sometimes I skip the ab ripper, if I'm toast. I figure, one day I'll be doing it more. How did your Astronomy exam go? This first week is almost over. Kenpo, and X Stretch to round out the first week. You're going to love them both. I always look forward to them...and the X Stretch,...just what the doctor ordered! Great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just finished Kenpo X, and you're right I did love it!!! The astronomy exam was particularly easy, I finished it in 15 minutes. I'm just glad to be done with school for the time being, so I can take this nice little break to get in shape and improve myself in other ways. And yeah, I was definitely toast and it was late. I didn't do it today either, Kenpo seemed to do the trick. With it being my first week, I'm not worried about it though. I'll just have to bring it even harder next week :)

    ReplyDelete