Thursday, December 24, 2009

P90X: Day 19

Well, I woke up this morning with an extremely sharp pain in my left shoulder, and it's been bothering me since then. I had the legs and back routine today, which I'm not sure was the best routine for me simply because of the pullups. So, I skimped a bit. I don't know if I slept on my shoulder in some strange way that strained it, or if it's a result of lifting. All I know is that it hurts like hell, and I hope it goes away soon because I need to be at 100%.

Also, the holidays have made my diet difficult to adhere to at all times, and I must say that after Christmas I'm going to have to kick it into high gear. I've slacked a little bit and ate cookies and such here and there, but all that must stop after this holiday is officially past. In a way, I just can't wait.

I'm definitely making my "new years resolution" to get in shape and do P90X for the entire year. I know that after this first rotation, I'm not going to be anywhere near my goal. I haven't seen the results in this first month (although it's not over) that I wanted, and I know that can be attributed mostly to my diet rather than poor performance on the workouts. So, I'll be working hard at this for a long time to come and I know that no matter how long it takes, I'll see the results I want eventually.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Justin. Careful with that shoulder. I've found that I'd get a tweak here or there and have to watch it...which doesn't mean stopping...and eventually, it would get better. But I know how frustrating that is.
    I'm 2 days away from finishing my first round of P90X...then I'm taking 3 weeks before starting my second round. In the spring, I'm going to buy P90X+. Have you seen the promo for it? Looks killer...and I hear it IS. Can't wait.
    I think you'll see more results later in the 2nd month, and especially in the third month for sure.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a rest day then skipped today. My shoulder and knee are both throbbing, and I'm getting weird twitches in my shoulder still. I don't know what I did... I'll blog about it soon, I'm tired now though. :( Hope your workout is still going well though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I bought the P90X Plus with my initial order. I haven't used any of the videos yet, but I'll watch some and let you know what I think if you want a little preview.

    ReplyDelete