Wednesday, December 23, 2009

P90X: Day 18

Yoga X today. I admit, I didn't have nearly enough energy or willpower today to perform at full capacity. Yeah, I had a busy day and exerted myself throughout, but that's really no excuse. This just demonstrates the absolute necessity of switching to a morning workout routine.

I've always had trouble with Yoga X though, it's pretty damn rough. I'm just not that flexible, and it's especially hard on my back. I'm a little disappointed, but I'll have to set that feeling aside and just do better next time. I'm finding it really hard to switch my schedule over. On the bright side though, my diet was better today! At least there's one trade off for me. I need to get this out of the way earlier tomorrow... can I make it happen? We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. You're having the same problem I'm having. Last night it was after 10 when I was finished Kenpo. Too late. Not enough steam..although I gave every ounce I had...pushes my heart rate up when I'm so tired.
    How about we make a deal? You and I both get our workouts in earlier today! Whatya say? I've got to get this recalibrated! It's wearing me out!
    Great job on the Yoga. I rarely have it in me for the Yoga. I think the fact that it's so freaking long is one mental barrier to me...that and the lack of balance! I'm fairly flexible...just that balance part! Ugh...gets to me! I guess that's why he says to clear the mind, eh, and just breathe! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a deal, except we'll have to wait until after Christmas. Plans with the family early. Although, Saturday is my rest day though... so perhaps Sunday. I'll make sure to get to bed early Saturday so I can wake up early and work out Sunday. I definitely need the change because just like you said, I feel like I don't have enough steam later at night.

    Also, I know Tony says to clear your mind... but that's actually pretty hard to do when you're in excruciating pain! Haha, I try my best but it will be a long time before I nail that routine perfectly.

    ReplyDelete