Thursday, December 31, 2009

P90X: Day 27

I did Core Synergistics today. That was the first workout I did in P90X (because I was going to do Lean at the time) and revisiting it brought back memories from almost a month ago. My shoulder is a lot better than it was, but I forgot just how many pushups were in this workout. I did as many as I safely could, then finished out the time with crunches, leg raises, flutter kicks, and variations to work my abs. It worked the core and didn't risk injuring my shoulder further. I did make sure to do each type of pushup though, just didn't push myself too far with it. The one I didn't attempt at all was the Reach High and Under Pushups. That was just simply too much strain to put on my shoulder. I didn't just stand around though, at least I worked my abs.

I'm glad that the injury didn't set me back too far. I'd like it to be at 100% again, but the fact that I can do any pushups at all right now is great. Of course, I'm not all that fantastic with them to begin with.

Either way, it's a new year coming up in a few hours, and my resolution is obviously to get in shape. I would like to get back down under 200, and I think that's a fairly reasonable goal. Looking back on basic training, I lost tons of weight in a fairly short period of time, and I know I can do it again. Of course, the temptation of an unhealthy diet, night time snacks, and skipping workouts was never there. We were forced to work out daily, we only ate when we were marched to the dining facility, and there was never really anything to tempt you but your own imagination. Memories of pieces of cake, chocolate, ice cream, and all those tempting sweets were all in your mind. I'll have to have more willpower now than I did previously, but I think I can manage.

Above all else, I'm going to be back in school on Wednesday. It's my first day at my new school too. I just finished up my associates degree for transfer at a community college, and I'm going to the University of Pittsburgh now. The classes will be much harder, and I'm going 5 days a week. It's going to be like a full time job, but more hours will be required than your average 40 a week. I'll have no choice but to work out early in the morning. Maybe I can think about Calculus and Physics tests while I'm working out, and realize that the exercise is the easy part!

Well, a happy New Year to all! It's the last day of 2009. I'm using 2010 to change my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment