Wednesday, December 30, 2009

P90X: Day 26

Well I actually did X Stretch today for the first time, because it wasn't optional this time around. Looking at my schedule though, I think I screwed up and was supposed to do that yesterday, and Core Synergistics today. Yoga X the following day, then rest, which would bring me back into the mastry phase for week 5. Since I despise Yoga with a passion, I'll just do Core Synergistics tomorrow, then either do Yoga X on my rest day, or something else to make up for it. That will get me back on schedule.

The pain in my shoulder is definitely still there but only when I put stress on it, and it's not nearly as bad as it was. It's certainly not 100% but I think by the time any real stress is put on it in week 5 I should be fine. I'm glad I let it heal a bit though.

The X Stretch was awesome. Jeff and Lisa both recommended I try it, and I should have listened earlier. Some of the stretches are pretty difficult, and seeing anything from Yoga X make its way onto this DVD definitely made me cringe just a little bit. Regardless, it's done and I'm feeling better because of it. Let's see how it makes me feel tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe...yep, I had to laugh at that Yoga crack...making its way onto the X Stretch...
    You know, you're going to have to talk yourself out of despising Yoga...I know it's hard, but try. I am in that stage too. Yoga and I...well, we don't quite mix well...but it IS essential for many things. Maybe if you tried to break it up...go slow, think of it as something that has to be mastered...a challenge! Tackle it from that standpoint, and I bet you'll start to warm up to it a little.
    Now that you have done X Stretch and like it, you can keep it in mind for when you really don't have the stamina to work out hard, or you're sick...the X STretch is still doing good things so it counts. Hope your shoulder keeps on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoga is the only DVD in this program that literally makes me want to just shut off the video and walk away from P90X. That's how much I hate it. I know I'm going to have to get over it, but I especially hate it for a pretty legitimate reason. I injured my back in the military and ever since then it has been something I have to watch out for. Yoga is by far the hardest on my back out of all things. I do admit though, I need to invest in some Yoga blocks. The one pose where you spread your legs wide and have one hand on the ground and the other straight up in the air... that's just too much for my back. I think with a block it might be a little easier though.

    It definitely is a challenge, you got that right. Maybe a year from now I'll look back on it and wonder why I hated Yoga so much. Maybe then I'll be flexible and great at Yoga. haha, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete