Monday, December 28, 2009

P90X: Day 24

Well, I haven't worked out in a few days now. I've been as physical as possible, but I haven't done the P90X workouts for each day. I'm hoping to get back on tomorrow, but between my knee and my shoulder I'm not sure what I can really do. Upper body is too limited by my shoulder, lower body too limited by my knee, and cardio is pretty much out of the question as well. It's feeling better, but not good enough for the somewhat extreme P90X workouts. If I follow the schedule I should be on, tomorrow will be Kenpo X. Since there won't be any real contact or weights involved, I should be ok to do it. On the other hand, if I take it too hard and move too quickly I could easily overextend myself. I think I'll try it anyway and just make sure to ease into it. Either that, or I'll just go to the gym and do a makeshift workout not exactly on the P90X plan.

Oh well, I'll get back on track here soon. I didn't have the first month I really wanted to, and I'm considering just starting the whole program all over again or going to the gym to get more well rounded, perfect my diet, refine my schedule, and go at it again.

Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Justin...you can only do what your body will allow, and readjust your mind to be okay with that. If it were me, I would stick with the program, and modify what you can do. I had similar injuries...I had a lat pull on my right side, my right knee injury, and a lat pull on my left side...not all at the same time. I know how frustrating it is. I modified the pushups when I needed to, and didn't even try standard until I was better. I subbed less intense leg workouts for the ones that would wrench my knee...and I opted out of some of the stretches that would tweak it. I'm glad I did it that way though. I became a P90X Grad on Sunday night. Sometimes you have to sub workouts you CAN do for the workouts you cannot do. Just do what you can. Don't beat yourself up, but don't throw in the towel either. You could view this go round of P90X as sort of a beginner round...a get to know the workout round...as conditioning your body for when you can really bring it. Either way, I think you're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing up P90X!!! I'm definitely not throwing in the towel, and I'm thinking of it as a beginner round like you said. I can be more prepared next time around. Thanks for all the support though, I really need it!

    ReplyDelete