Monday, December 7, 2009

P90X: Day 2

So after talking to several people in the know, I've decided to do P90X Classic rather than lean. I have been convinced that through the process of building muscle with the extra strength training exercises, I will burn at least as much fat... probably more. I planned on doing the first workout in the Classic routine today, which focuses on chest I believe. That workout includes lots of pullups, pushups, and a good number of exercises that require dumbbells. Until today, I didn't have dumbbells, so after school I picked up an adjustable set that goes up to 40 apparently. Of course, when I opened the box one of the bars was missing... so I essentially only have one dumbbell. I'm going to have to exchange that tomorrow.

I got the Iron Gym pullup bar I needed as well, but without two good dumbbells I decided to skip the chest routine and go straight to Plyometrics. That's the normal Day 2 workout with classic, so essentially I'm on track, however the first workout was replaced with Core Synergistics. For those of you who may not know, Core Synergistics includes a decent amount of leg and ab work with it. My legs and glutes were pretty sore today, and that's definitely a set back going into something as rough as Plyometrics! Now I'm wishing I would have done the chest routine yesterday instead!

Regardless, I just got finished with Plyometrics about an hour ago. My diet has been on point all day, but I've been pretty hungry in the process. I guess it's just part of adjusting to the new lifestyle, so to speak, but my reward for getting through the insanely challenging plyometrics routine was a nice healthy post-workout meal that included my favorite egg substitute. My stomach is satisfied for now!

I'm so sore it hurts to sit down, and I'm walking like a zombie. I missed that feeling! It's just the consequence of a great workout, and it's something I've been lacking in the past few weeks.

Well, I have final exams all this week, so I have to get to studying of course. I've got lots to do tonight, and if I'm productive enough in the next hour and a half I may just be able to watch the Penguins game! So, I take my leave. For the few actually reading my blog in its young and fresh state, thanks for the support!

I'm loving P90X already!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Logik. Great job. I remember when I first started P90X, 2 days after Plyo, I was still moving really slow...sitting was interesting...not sitting per se, but getting into the sitting position. I had to lower myself slowly...it hurt! LOL. It gets easier. The thing with P90X, is that it's designed so you don't work the same large muscle groups back to back.
    Do you have any bands? In case you struggle with pull-ups, bands really work well too. They always show someone doing that option. I used the pull-up bar in the beginner stage, but I never actually felt the back muscles as much as the biceps, so I bought some heavy duty bands, and now I feel the actual back muscles. Just a thought.
    And don't forget a good recovery drink for after your workouts. I have one after all weights, and the major cardio ones.
    If you love P90X now, just you wait. You'll love it more as time goes by...especially when you start to see results...and you will!
    Hope you enjoyed the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I know exactly what you mean. I couldn't barely walk yesterday, and sitting hurt! Bad time to be sitting in one spot for 2 hours each final exam, hahaha. I do have bands though, a 15 and 25, as those were the two heaviest I could find. I'm not used to using them, but I'm learning quickly. I got a set of adjustable dumbbells that goes up to 40, and a set of 10s and 20s for now. I've been able to make due with that so far. I definitely want to do REAL pullups though because I've always struggled with them and I just want to become a beast and do 20+ at a time.
    And by the way, it's been a bad weekend for Pittsburgh sports. I always like watching the games, but when we consistently lose I get upset :(
    Once again, thanks for the support :)

    ReplyDelete