Tuesday, December 8, 2009

P90X: Day 3

Today was Shoulders and Arms, as well as ARX (Ab Ripper X). I must say, ARX was rough!!! I found the arm routine much more familiar than anything else I've encountered in the program before, and I absolutely loved it. My only setback was experimentation with different weights and resistance bands, but after a few runs through the workout I'll know exactly what I should be using each time. I did a pretty good job too, I was proud of myself. The core synergistics and plyo routines from the last 2 days have me extremely sore in the legs, but the arm routine just woke up a whole different set of muscles for me. It was great!

I'm really feeling good about this P90X now, and I'm glad that I started it. It's only been 3 workouts and I'm already feeling exponentially better than prior to starting the program. I've lost a surprising amount of weight in the first few days of this new diet and exercise routine also, which is great motivation to keep going with it. I'm sticking with my diet really well too. I have gone to the bar twice (to watch the Penguins and Steelers games) since I started the diet/exercise regimine and have been able to avoid the temptations of ordering drinks and bar food, which I'm really proud of as well! I ordered water (staying hydrated is important) and a salad with fat free italian dressing for the Steelers game... and just water for the Penguins game. I'm really getting used to healthy living and adjusting well.

Other than that, I'm extremely busy with school work this week. It's my finals week, and the dreaded Trigonometry final is coming up tomorrow. In fact, I have to take an online final exam right now, and study for trig the rest of the night... so I'll take my leave. Once again, thanks for the support. Bring it!

2 comments:

  1. WOW...awesome results, eh. You WILL be successful in this health and fitness journey. You're already so dedicated, and I believe that's the KEY. Great job! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attitude is everything. I need to be confident that I will get great results in order to stay on the program. I guess it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete