Monday, January 4, 2010

P90X: Day 30 and 31

Well, I forgot to blog about my workout last night. I figure it'll be easier to just consolidate the two days into one post though considering the circumstances. I say that because I worked out late last night, doing Plyometrics, and then worked out at 5:00 AM this morning with Back and Biceps. The two workouts are so close together it feels like I hardly got a break, but I did pretty well with all things considered!

I'm starting school again on Wednesday, and if I don't get into an early morning schedule now I'll easily just drop off the whole P90X plan in favor of a worthless extra few hours of sleep each morning. I've long been planning to start working out early in the morning, but have had such a difficult time implementing it. I will say one thing, it comes at a high price (at least for today). That price is the lack of ANY form of sleep or rest last night and an extremely high intake of caffeine. Yeah, you heard me right... I pulled an all-nighter. This has long been in the making though. With an early school schedule, I have to get on a daylight schedule and the only way I can see how is to deprive myself of sleep through the night and become so tired the next day that I'm forced to sleep early and therefore wake up earlier. It's pathetic really that I've not been able to fall asleep until 3:30-4:30 AM every morning, and have been sleeping in until around noon every afternoon. I lay in bed, restless and agitated each night, unable to fall asleep. I'm just so sick of it, and drastic measures were required. I feel great now after having worked out, and of course after an entire pot of strong coffee and 2 cups of double bagged green tea. I know, it's horrible for me... but besides just the exercise and nutrition benefits of being able to wake up so early every day, it's an absolute must for me to be able to succeed in school. It's worth it.

Anyhow, I noticed increased performance in the Plyometrics workout last night, but only slightly. My endurance is slowly increasing, but I still tend to drop off towards the end of the workout (especially for such an intense workout as Plyo). It seems like the first 30 minutes are great, and after that I really get fatigued pretty easily. It's pushing through it that counts though, and I never cut it off early. This morning's Back and Biceps workout was also fantastic. It's the first time I've run through this particular video, and I'm really happy to have a change in pace with the resistance workouts. I love working biceps, and looking in the mirror to see the visible pump I get from all the hard work. If only it lasted through the day! Regardless, my arms are incredibly sore and my back is tender in quite a good way right now as well. I have to pat myself on the back for this one... 5 AM workout with good performance.

I've also been trying to separate my resistance workouts and the Ab Ripper X workouts, because that fatigue I discussed previously has been seriously impeding my ability to perform the ab routine successfully. I'm planning on doing that later, after I run all my school related errands on campus, when I am a little less fatigued from working out.

Now, let's see if I can keep my nutrition on schedule while doing all these errands, and keep up this trend throughout the rest of the week once school starts. I'm sure that after a week or so of eating at the same time daily, and working out at the same early time, it will become second nature. I'm counting on it!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE back and biceps! It's one of my favorites too! I LOVE that pumped up feeling. I'm always getting my hubby to check out my 'guns'...ahahahaha! I can't wait to get back to P90X!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope he has tickets to the gun show! hahaha. Mine are still sore from early yesterday. Haven't really felt a specific bicep soreness much lately, and it's great. I am just checking in here though, I'll blog tomorrow about today's workout. It's a big day for me tomorrow... first day of class at my new school. I need to be rested up so I can hopefully wake up and do P90X early!!!

    ReplyDelete